Subscribe:

Friday, December 16

New On My Bookshelf


The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

"Set during World War II in Germany, Markus Zusak’s groundbreaking new novel is the story of Liesel Meminger, a foster girl living outside of Munich. Liesel scratches out a meager existence for herself by stealing when she encounters something she can’t resist–books. With the help of her accordion-playing foster father, she learns to read and shares her stolen books with her neighbors during bombing raids as well as with the Jewish man hidden in her basement before he is marched to Dachau. This is an unforgettable story about the ability of books to feed the soul."

I've been meaning to get my hands on this book for a while now. During a shopping trip with my boyfriend and his brother earlier today, my boyfriend caught me admiring it and promptly bought it for me. Needless to say, I will be reading this one in the very near future.

2 comments:

Justine said...

I hope you love this one! It tugged at my heart strings, that's for sure.

Satia said...

I loved this book when I read it. One of those rare books I enthusiastically recommend to anyone and everyone.